Top 5 Apps: Health & Fitness
Stuck with just a few minutes to workout or need a better way to organize your exercise routine? Curious about the nutritional value of your favorite foods? We collected these awesome apps for health and fitness just for you!
1. 7 Minute Workout by Bytesize – Free This worldwide bestseller app adapts the hit American College of Sports Medicine/New York Times “7 Minute Workout” for smartphones and tablets. You can do this high intensity workout anytime, anywhere – for free! The app gives you voice prompts and visual cues to help you complete the 12 30-second long exercises in fullest form with 10 second breaks in between. “In 12 exercises deploying only body weight, a chair and a wall, it fulfills the latest mandates for high-intensity effort, which essentially combines a long run and a visit to the weight room into about seven minutes of steady discomfort — all of it based on science,” reports the New York Times. From rapid sequences of jumping jacks, wall sits, pushups, planks, squats, and more, this workout will give you the equivalent reward of a long run and trip to the weight room…in just 7 minutes! Image Credit: www.itunes.apple.com
2. MapMyFitness - Free Ever wondered just how long that last run was? The MapMyFitness app allows you to do just that – and more! This fitness app uses a smartphone or tablet’s internal GPS tracker and geographically maps out all of your fitness activities. It can calculate your distance, pace, speed, duration, elevation, and more. You can also save your fitness history, share your fitness plans via social media, and join online communities of other athletes to push yourself to the next level! Image Credit: www.health.com
3. Fooducate - Free Fooducate is a diet tracker and healthy food nutrition scanner app, great for those wanting to know what exactly they are putting in their bodies. The app – designed by a team of parents, dieticians, and “techies” – allows you to automatically scan a food product barcode, see the good and bad highlights of that product, compare it to other similar products, find alternatives, and learn more about healthy, organic, and nutritious food options. The app shows you the details of a particular product, helping you to keep tabs on those sugars, transfats, additives, preservatives, artificial coloring, and calories that you may want to avoid. Download “Fooducate” for your next trip to the grocery store! Image Credit: www.itunes.apple.com
4. Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock - $1.99 Getting a good night sleep is essential to staying healthy and fit. Download Sleep Cycle and get an intelligent alarm clock that makes waking up each morning easier. Sleep Cycle analyzes your sleep pattern using an accelerometer and then wakes you up at an optimal time during a 30-minute window that ends at your set alarm time. It wakes you during the lightest part of your slight phase, the natural way to wake up feeling the most restored. Simply follow the images on the app and put your phone under your pillow. In no time, you will start to wake up feeling much more refreshed and relaxed in the morning. Image Credit: www.itunes.apple.com
5. Charity Miles - Free Need that extra motivation to go work out? Charity Miles will surely help. This app lets you earn money for charity when you walk, run, or bike. When you’re about to run, walk, or bike, you simply choose a charity from the app that you’d like to donate to. Bikers earn 10 cents a mile, and those on foot earn 25 cents a mile. Charities to choose from include: Habitat for Humanity, the Nature Conservancy, Autism Speaks, and many more. Use Charity Miles and get one step closer to changing the world – literally!
Image Credit: www.ironman.com By Anna Perina.